Described by Mayor Benjamin S. Lim as the Gateway to the North, the Bangus Capital of the World, and the city Dagupenos proudly call home, Dagupan City is known to have made some of the most poignant contributions in Philippine history through the years— from its homegrown heroes, leaders and national icons, down to its local produce and industries. Dagupan is now a progressive city—the center of trade, education and commerce in Northern Luzon. Measuring only 4,079 hectares, 42% is composed of land and the remaining 58% water. This gives the city an exciting fusion of idyllic scenery and a bustling business district.
Dagupan is recognized around the globe as the Bangus Capital of the World for being the source of the freshest, highest-quality produce of bangus (milkfish) in the Philippines and the world over; hence it has rightfully pioneered the Bangus Festival. Not long ago, it has also merited Guinness World Record for the Longest Barbecue in the grandiose Kalutan ed Dalan (Bangus Grill Street Party).The recent launching of the Dawel River Cruise showcases Dagupan’s clean river systems and the will and shared responsibility to make Dagupan City the place every Dagupeno wants to be.These and a lot more encompasses the Dagupan City experience – one hundred and one ways of fun-filled food, wellness, travel and historic tourist adventure as captured by the Dagupan City Tourism Office’s campaign Have Fun in Dagupan.